Wednesday, January 1, 2014

German Chocolate Surprise

I love using cake mixes to make fabulous cakes and this cake is no exception. The first time I had this cake was when a co-worker brought it in for someone's birthday. I took a taste and said, "I think I taste coconut in this cake." She said that I did and then I ask her what the nut was that I couldn't identify and she told me the secret to this cake. It was why I have called this cake, German Chocolate Surprise Cake, you dump a can of German Chocolate Cake Frosting into the cake mix and bake it. I wanted to share this cake with everyone because it is a huge hit at my house. I made it on Sunday evening and by Monday morning, it was gone.

 Ingredients: 

1 German Chocolate Cake Mix and the ingredients to make it
1 can or carton of German Chocoalate Cake frosting
1 can of Chocolate Frosting

Directions:

1. Preheat oven and mix cake according to package directions.
 2. Once the cake is well mixed, dump in the can of German Chocolate frosting and mix well.
3. Place in prepared bundt cake pan.
4. Bake according to package directions.
5. Once the cake is cooled, remove from pan.
6. Microwave can of chocolate frosting for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the frosting is runny. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate frosting over the cake. Hint: If this is just too much chocolate for your taste, you can also sprinkle with powder sugar instead of drizzling with chocolate frosting.

Additionally, when making cakes, I usually subsitute applesauce for the oil that is called for in the directions. It makes a much moister cake and adds a lot less fat to the overall recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment