Monday, September 30, 2013

DIY Taco Salad Shells

I don't know about you, but where I live the local grocery store has a taco salad shell kit that comes with 4 flour tortillas and paper shells to bake them on.  It costs a little over $4 for this kit and frankly, I find that to be outrageous.  With a little effort, the same shells can be achieved for a little under $2.00.  The first step is to invert a muffin pan and place it on a cookie sheet.  Then take four wide-mouth canning jars and place them on the muffin tin, as seen below.
Next spray the jars with nonstick spray and drape one 10 inch flour tortillas over each jar.  Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.  I had to move my oven rack to the lowest setting in order to put the tray in the oven.  

Then fill with your favorite taco fillings and serve.  





No comments:

Post a Comment