Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls

Peanut Butter Balls




There is something about this time of the year that makes me want to make candy.  My mother always made candies during our school's winter break.  She didn't make much fudge but she had several recipes for bon-bons and other candies.  When she recently moved to assisted living, I got most of her cookbooks, but I haven't found her candy recipes, so I've been searching online to see if I can replicate them.  One of the bon-bon recipes that she made was peanut butter balls.  I think this recipe comes close to matching what she made.  However, I have taken it and made a few changes.

Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter  
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 pkg chocolate almond bark

In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and butter until blended.  Add confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition.  (I used my stand mixer for this.) 

Line a baking sheet with wax paper.  Using your hands, shape mixture into 1-inch balls.  Place the balls on the baking sheet and chill until firm, about 1 hour.

Following package directions, melt the almond bark.  Using a spoon, dip each ball into the almond bark and place back on the sheet.  One covered, chill about 30 minutes before serving.

Makes 48 balls.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment